Tuesday, September 16, 2014

God is great, God is good.


Thought for the day: "God is good, God is kind, God will never be any less than you need."
This has just been running through my mind all day, I've really just been basking in the grace of God's goodness, He is just always more than enough for me. Sometimes it's easy for me to say God is not good because He is not giving me what I want. And I feel like there isn't much I want in life, but the few things I do want...He's not giving me. Why? Because He is good. Because He sees the bigger picture. He sees the things I cannot see for myself. This semester I am trying to keep a good balance. I tell people I'm obsessed with, a boy who will remain nameless, coffee, running, and Jesus. But...my problem with that is...that's the order I'm obsessed. Why isn't Jesus first? I can't go a day without coffee, I try not to go days without running, and Lord knows I don't go days without thinking about said boy, but for some reason I can go days without reading my Bible...and not be overly concerned. That's a problem. Its definitely something I'm working on, so far this semester I've been pretty balanced. Hopefully it will stay that way. But I'm thankful for His grace always being sufficient. So when I let Him down, He's always there to pick me up. God is good. God is Kind. God will never be any less than you need. I'm so thankful for His love today.

No comments:

Post a Comment