Friday, February 5, 2016

|| But God ||

Oh how I love those two words.
A while ago I remember reading those two words in Psalms in my devotions and I literally stopped reading and closed my Bible and just had a "wow" moment. But God. I made a note back in September that said this:

{But God}
I prayed for what I wanted-but God knew what I needed.
I am unworthy-but God gives more grace.
I am unlovable-but God still loves me.
I don't know what to do-but God has a plan for my life.
I am not good-but God is always good.
I can fail-but God never can.
I disappoint-but God is always faithful.

Five months later I could add so many more "but God" statements to that list. Tonight Today, I sit here with my heart so so full. Personally, something I struggle with is being presently content. I place my focus on everything I don't have and forget to enjoy and cherish what's right in front of me. No, I don't have everything I want right now---But God. He has given me so much. I may not have everything figured out, but God has given me some pretty wonderful amazing people that I can count on and the friendships I've made during my season of in-between have helped me through so many times when I thought it was time to give up.

We cannot see the big picture, when we complain to God: "I don't have this and my life would be so much better if I just had (insert significant other, job, degree, car, friend, etc. here)" We are basically saying "Hey God, you got it wrong and I know better so give me what I want now please! Thanks." Once again, but God! I think about all the things I wanted- even in September when I wrote that note- and I shudder to think about how my life would be right now if God had given me what I wanted and begged for back then. He knows best. There is never a time when that will not be true.

Take a second and google how many times the phrase "but God" is in the Bible. This week my favorite is Psalm 73:26 My flesh and my heart faileth but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. I am weak-but His strength is perfected in my weakness. Another excellent one, Ephesians 2:4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us. A holy God loves unloveable me and not only does He love me in spite of myself- He is merciful! I mess up-but God doesn't give up.  Right now, I'm simply thankful for two little words that made a big difference in my life.





1 comment:

  1. Amen! Wow!

    What an on time word! I was literally going to sleep after crying it out with God lol, and then I got the link to this post.

    When I reached the point of exhaustion, God used you to send this reminder, at 1 am! BUT GOD! It is only God who can place a comma where we think He's placed a period! God can always flip the script. That's the important of that "but"... It means that whatever God has will negate what we put before it.

    What a sweet reminder! Keep fighting! God is amazingly faithful... When we're downtrodden and ready to give up because the earthly outlook looks grim, BUT GOD! He can step in and turn it all around with the blink of an eye! He fights for us! What love! 😘😘

    Love you for this! Proud of you and your growth! I hear your increasing wisdom in your posts, and you getting back to posting consistently πŸ‘ŒπŸΎπŸ‘ŒπŸΎπŸ‘ŒπŸΎ I always find I posting consistently when my spiritual life is growing πŸ‘ŒπŸΎ

    ReplyDelete